The Lecture Series on Geometric Methods for Machine Vision 2016 organized during 26 September - 20 October 2016 by the Department of Electrical Engineering in the vibrant campus of Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India would be delivered by Prof. Bijoy Ghosh from the Texas Tech University, USA on his visit as the Shri Gopal Rajagarhia (SGR) Visiting International Distinguished Professor to IIT Kharagpur.
26 - 29 Sept. 2016
Classical introduction to monocular vision using geometry and dynamical systems
1. Shape from Shading
2. Shape Dynamics and Coupled Riccati Equation
3. Perspective Systems Theory
4. Parameter Estimation using Observers and Filters
3 - 6 Oct. 2016
Geometric problems in rotational mechanics and human gaze control
5. Rotations, Quaternions and Mechanics
6. Listing’s and Donders’ Laws for Eye and Head Movements
7. The Control Problems: Potential and Optimal
8. Binocular Vision: Version and Vergence Eye Movements
17 - 20 Oct. 2016
Neural Signal Processing in Animal Vision
9. What is a neuron?
10. What is a Computational Neuroscience?
11. A computational model of turtle retina
12. A compartmental model of the turtle visual cortex